Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Commission: Glam Rock Gorilla


I GOT A COMMISSION OF ALL THINGS. The Dude von Doom gave me this mock-up from something I think is called Hero Generator.


I did a page of sketches first, which I streamed so that he could see how it was developing. There was some discussion over how the guitar should look, and Pablo, another of the creators for this character, eventually came up with the banana side-bit which I quite like.
After that I did a blue-line sketch using one of the poses I'd sketched out, trying to keep it active.
Inks and color followed, and I used a gradient style to shade I'd seen used well before. (All that stream-watching is paying off!)

The background is a combination of textures. This was fun to draw, if a bit time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment